- 7 oz (1 pack) Javara Moringa Noodle
- 6-10 pcs Prawn (depends on size)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 80 g Pesto Sauce (see recipe below for making homemade fresh pesto sauce)
Homemade Fresh Pesto:
- 1 ½ cups Baby Spinach or other leafy greens
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ¼ cup Cashews
- ½ cup Shredded parmesan or ¾ cup of freshly grated parmesan
- 6 tbsp Aroma-free coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients and make a paste using a food processor or hand blender
Pesto Sauce Preparation*
- Place coriander leaves, spinach, and cashew nuts in the food processor, and pulse several times.
- Add the garlic and parmesan cheese and pulse several times more. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Stream in the coconut oil. While the food processor is running, slowly add the oil in a steady small stream. Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Stir in salt and freshly ground black pepper, add more to taste.
*Pesto can be made in advance, stored in a refrigerator, ready to be used whenever needed for pasta, toast spread, and dipping.
- Remove the prawn shell and marinade the prawn with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika powder for 5 minutes.
- While prawn being marinated, cook the noodle separately, following the instruction in the noodle box. Take out ½ cup of noodle water just before draining it, set aside.
- Put a saucepan in medium heat, toss the prawn and saute for 1 – 1½ minutes on each side, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked noodle and 1 cup pesto sauce, add ½ cup of noodle water and stir well. Use ½ cup for pesto bought from stores as they are more concentrated compared to homemade.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, stir well, and toss the sauteed prawn along with the liquid butter. Serve with extra parmesan cheese.